- "Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three lefts do." - "Deteriorata", National Lampoon
- All trees have bark. All dogs bark. Therefore, all dogs are trees.
- President Dwight Eisenhower expressed astonishment and alarm on discovering that fully half of all Americans had below average intelligence.
- "A man who had killed both of his grandmothers declared himself rehabilitated, on the grounds that he could not conceivably repeat his offense in the absence of any further grandmothers." -- "Ports Of Call" by Jack Vance
- The sun goes down because we've turned on the street lights.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012