Sunday, June 08, 2003

An old farmer decided it was time to get a new rooster. The
current rooster was still doing okay, but he was getting on in
years, and the farmer figured getting a new rooster couldn't
hurt anything. So he buys a young cock from the local rooster
emporium and turns him loose in the barn yard. The old rooster
sees the young one strutting around and he gets a little
worried. "So, they're trying to replace me", thinks the old
rooster. "I've got to do something about this".

He walks up to the new bird and says, "So you're the new stud in
town? I bet you really think you're hot stuff, don't you? Well
I'm not ready for the chopping block yet. I'll bet I'm still the
better bird. And to prove it, I challenge you to a race around
that hen house over there. We'll run around it ten times and
whoever finishes first gets to have all the hens for himself".
The young rooster was a proud sort, and he definitely thought he
was more than a match for the old guy. "You're on" said the
young rooster. "And since I know I'm so great, I'll even give
you a head start of half a lap. I'll still win easy," said the
young rooster.

The two roosters went to the hen house to start the race and all
the hens gathered to watch. The race begins and all the hens
start cheering the roosters on. After the first lap, the old
rooster is still maintaining his lead. After the second lap, the
old guy's lead has slipped a little but he's still hanging in
there. Sadly, the old rooster's lead continues to slip each time
around, and by the fifth lap he's just barely in front of the
young rooster.

By now the farmer has heard all the commotion. He runs into the
house, gets his shotgun, and runs out to the barn yard figuring
a fox or something is after his chickens. When he gets there, he
sees the two roosters running around the hen house, with the old
rooster still slightly in the lead. He immediately takes his
shotgun, aims, fires, and blows the young rooster away.

As he walks away slowly, he says to himself........ "Damn,
that's the third gay rooster I've bought this month!"

No comments: