Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Tribute to CPL Lim Aik Liang Gary

You were an ambitious and focussed man. In the time I knew you, you knew what you wanted and how to get it.

My deepest yearning is that you found the one Person you really wanted to know, though you did not know you needed to. I desperately hope that between myself, Kevin, Benjamin and Julian or someone else, you would have heard something about Jesus Christ that triggered something in your heart.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I hope when I get to Heaven, you will say to me that in your darkest hour, you remembered Him, and accepted Him.

God bless you, Gary.

(Gary, aged 21, passed away on the evening of 9 December 2005 at Alexandra Hospital, three months before his Operationally Ready Date. He was involved in a motorcycle accident on the Ayer Rajah Expressway, barely two months after he got his license.)

PS: To anyone else reading this, if God is telling you to believe in Him, please do not hesitate any longer. You never know how long you have.

No comments: