Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Wordplay

To solve the problem of boredom, lets talk about work. And then ramble on.

I've been tasked to come up with a two-page history and heritage of our Brigade. While not so daunting, you need what programmers would call a base copy: something someone has done before that you can modify and mould, but apparently no such thing exists. I do have a book, but it was published in 1994. I have a week more to do it and I do have the resources of my RSM to call upon, but I detect a lethargy that sets in since the Boss went to ROC.

Speaking of ROC, Nicholas is there as part of 7 SIB, which is a Guards Bde. Wah, sisn't he's so garang. So his Bde is the one doing Ex High Noon, while mine is the Umpire. I'm sure he'll know someone I know somehow.

Speaking of which, I've just created Nicholas as a striker, modelled on Kewell (which makes him hella good) in Winning Eleven 8. Just got the PC edition and I've been hooked on it. Taking my time to feel this game out, but it's fun creating your own players based on their attributes and hearing the commentator saying their names with conviction. Heck there's even an Eddie Howe! Any of you guys play this, we can even play it online!!!

Speaking of which, I realise I'm having fewer and fewer things to do online. I used to play online games often in Poly, but somehow nowadays it just doesn't appeal.

Speaking of which, I'm also hooked to X-Zone at Dhoby Ghaut. You pay $3 an hour to rent an Xbox console with unlimited games. I need Xbox buddies!!!

Speaking of which, one of my closest friends is getting married in December. How time flies! To think I met her 6 years ago, when i was *gulp* 16!!!

Speaking of which, I realise I turn 22 this year, but I don't seem to want to do anything about it. Lethargy. Must break out of it before ORD.

Speaking of which, what should be my first job? I erally don't know. Should I study first? *shrugs*

Many questions, so few answers. Guess we need to use trial and error. =]

No comments: