Thursday, January 26, 2006

Run Lola Run

Which is what I did on Tuesday.

Having got home at 5, which is unheard of so far, I had a serious problem of not knowing what to do.

Then I considered: why not go for a run? So I did.

I decided on a route that was challenging and goal-oriented: home to school and back. The first half went OK and I finished the sub-3km route in about 15 minutes.

I made a crucial mistake of stopping for water, which killed my momentum. The return journey was then doomed to failure. I stopped after about 5 minutes; I couldn't carry on.

I then walked back the (quite considerable) remaining distance, which took me about 20 minutes. After 15 minutes of stretching, I went back home.

The next day, my quadriceps were protesting with dull aches of pain. Too much too soon, apparently.

But it was worth it, as it proved I can still sweat it out and not get a reaction, although it itches during and after exercise. A wet flannel goes some way to alleviating it.

Hope to run whenever I go home early, which I hope will be often!

No comments: