Thursday, May 15, 2003

my napfa test passing mark:
34 sit ups
222cm standing broad jump
30cm sit and reach
5 pull ups
10.6s shuttle run
12:30s 2.4 km

my results:
35 sit ups
227cm standing broad jump
44cm sit and reach
3 pull ups
10.2s shuttle run
DNF 2.4 km

it all went well. i had patato chips instead of pasta i hour instead of 3 hrs before the test (plus charsiew pau and carrot cake) and two (instead of one) chocolate bars just before the test. i had sore hamstrings thanks to training for the jump the night before (thanks to keh), and a sore spot on me abs as if someone punched me there. applied Counterpain liberally on sore spots. sorta worked.

all ok so far.

i got on the chin up bar, and pulled... my shoulder out of the normal flexibility range. think of the sound when you tear a chicken bone from another, the tendon tearing. ouch couldn't do nuts after that. which explained the sissy 2.4 run. hafiz and nat passed, and hafiz said: "i almost gave up when you gave up man." all this when i was wincing. i should have carried on though. or should i?

and so it ends as it began... short of the mark. i'm trying again on the 26th. wish me luck...

No comments: