Tuesday, April 20, 2004

OK since i can only remember two things then i guess i'll address two things then.

I'm really super duper chuffed that i can attend church camp this year, esp since i missed last year's cos of BMT. We're going to the Islamic stronghold of Terengganu, so i guess we have to dress more modestly. could be tricky. Can't wait for the South China sea breeze to blow in my face, watch the sun rise over the water, but knowing all this, i'll probably be allocated a mountain view of the golf course. Hope the committee will accede to a joint request for me and Theo to bunk together. Dunno what citeria they use, but I guess it amkes sense if two people agree to bunk together, then they'd be happiest there. Who doesn't like happy campers? whereas if you're bunked with someone new for the purpose of mentoring, then perhaps that should be left for a time when you're not relaxing and having fun? looking forward to playing beach soccer, goalposts included, and it'll be a perfectly utilised 5.5 days leave. also looking forward to playing giant checkers, where you make up the pieces. can imagine the immobility of the king! aside from all this, also looking forward to some funny skits put up on the last day (if there is), or some Agape pageantry. All in all I'm already looking forward to it, drooling about it.

On another note, my commander has spoken to me regarding my posting. turns out that when he interviewed me in january when i first came in, i mentioned i'd love the opportunity to write. God bless him! he remembered! But i found myself so settled in here at 2 SIB, that i didn't really want to move. so they were planning to move me over to do some writing for NDP and the 6 Div newsletter, but i didn't really want to. realise this is really my home for the next 2 years. so i told comd that I probably have no urge to write during my national service, unless it's for Pioneer mag (that $0.40 mag you throw away each month, NSFs). I mean what for I write, when i won't learn anything from what i write? I wanna actually learn from my writing! Hence he said he'd retain me since i wished to. ain't that nice? Thank God for planning this out, and giving me such a nice boss. but let's not talk about the female boss. I've been going for medical appointments both at the medical centre and the national skin centre cos the skin got worse, got a skin infection, plus trying to get further downgraded all at the same time, so feel a bit paiseh abt taking so many hours off. but just a bit lah. once everything clears up, i'll settle down to work properly.

All around me, I see God's blessings in my life. Perhaps it's time for me to spread some of it around, by being an encourager. Also I wanna witness to somebody this year. OK gotta go. time to watch EPL highlights in bunk, bathe, then play Winning Eleven 7 on PS2!!! =]

No comments: