Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Apprentices

During oral I had nothing to do, so I started assessing my men using a rubric I created. The results are pretty surprising, but the disappointing is that I just don't have a clear candidate. I used criteria like leadership, spiritual walk, language, respect and personality to assess those and I really need to think about who I choose when and if I interview them. Basically I want someone committed and who loves God. The rest we can work on. Idealistic huh?
Each candidate has flaws that need ironing out - some more, some less. I pray I make the right decision. There is also a question of when. Making a change at the end of 2006 seems the best solution, but yet I relly shouldn't wait as the members need more top-down support. Must also work on their bottom-up initiative. Only a few are showing that now.
Sometimes I do feel inadequate. Need Your strength Lord.

No comments: