Sunday, August 20, 2006

EXTREME penny-pinching!!!

Now seriously we all need to lighten up guys. You read how Doug Ellis of Aston Villa made a big joke of his club with stingy practices like not watering the grass and things like that. Similarly, lighten up with your pockets. I know cos I used to be like that, and maybe a bit of that still remains. But don't hem and haw over 20 cents for goodness sake! Why? Well, for starters, it's only 20 cents. So if it makes people's lives easier, just say, "It's alright" or stuff like that. This is why buskers are going bust. Now I know what a turn-off what I used to do was. It is better to give than receive says the Bible, but do we do it? I still keep score in my head, and it's a struggle to completely give up calculativeness (that's what it is), but we have to balance between being spend-thrift and stingy. I'd like to think I'm getting there.
It's not something people point out to you as it's a little embarrassing for both parties, so if someone does, it's purty bad. It's simple give and take really.

No comments: