Monday, May 17, 2004

How to have a healthy diet by CPT (Dr.) Wah Chin Pui

How to have a healthy diet by CPT (Dr.) Wah Chin Pui

With so much concern about BMI (Body Mass Index) and healthy living lately, I've compiled a list of Q&As to help you to understand the truth about healthy living!

Q: I've heard cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it. Don't waste exercise, ehich makes your heart beat faster. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer - that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take more naps.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more vegetables?
A: You have to grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay. And what is this? A vegetable. So a steak is nothing more than nature's efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Beef is a good source of green leafy vegetables (grass), and a really big pork chop can gove you 100% of your vegetable requirement.

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have a body, and you have body fat, the ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, the ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are the advantages of participating in a regular exercise programme?
A: Can't think of one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain ... good.

Q: Are fried foods bad for you?
A: You're not listening, Foods are fried with vegetable oil these days. They're permeated with it! How can getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help me lose weight round the middle?
A: Definitely not! Whaen you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. Sit-ups give you a bigger belly.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Helloooo. Cocoa beans = another vegetable! So go binge! Especially on fruit and nut!

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Round is a shape.

I hope I've answered some of your misconceptions. Contact me at quack@malpractice.com

No comments: