Tuesday, May 25, 2004

most f*cked up day ever

This was officially the most f*cked up day ever.Close enough anyway. Let us document this for history's sake.

1. There was a run today, but decided not to, as I was having a very bad flu. Oh wait a minute, that's not number one then.

0. I woke up extremely tired, and my nose was running like a tap.

1. Ahem. So I decided to go early to office. As bad ideas go, this was bad. Caught the she-boss on a totally bad morning, and she immediately set about digging up everything I'd done wrong since January. OK I exaggerate. Just March. Then blamed me for not teaching the understudy to answer the phone properly, even though I did teach him, and he does answer the phone properly. Go figure.

2. Then harped on how I'm slacking off since Wimpo came. Has to happen right? 3 people = less work per person than 2 people?!?

3. Then harped on lack of pro-activeness. The sofas were SPOTLESS. But yet insisted we hadn't cleaned them for a long time. That's because they're clean!!! Take note, all this is before 930.

4. Reprieve at 9. Went for breakfast. Realised I'm left with $1.80 till Wednesday.

5. Came back from reprieve. 19 (!) information papers for a conference: What do they talk about?!? Spent whole afternoon receiving, opening, printing, collecting, stapling, punching, labelling, filing, checking. If mistake, repeat. 19 papers, about 5 documents each, equals 95 freaking times!!!

6. Bak kut teh for lunch. But they ran out of pork.

7. Mini-meeting in afternoon. Brought drinks to guests. Got scolded for giving without asking first. Got scolded for giving too many. Got scolded for replenishing with wrong canned drink. Stole a root beer to teach her a lesson.

8. She-boss leaves. Followed by fellow runners. Left me. Thought no need to stay, so planned to watch football match with friend who just returned from USA. SMSed Comd to ask if need to stay. No reply. Upperstudy booked out. Called understudy frantically. No reply. Still no reply from Comd. Had to cancel with prodigal friend. 5 min later, understudy calls. Arrange for him to stand in for me. Call prodigal friend. Is cooking with Mum, can't make it anymore.

9. Went down to get dinner, as didn't eat at 5 due to lousy dinner at cookhouse. Comd's SMS arrives just as I order: No need to stay. WTF?!? Bad timing can? Cancelled food order, hatched plan to hurry lock up and rush to match on cab.

10. 1910, 20min to kickoff, still in camp. Just finished washing teapot. Run up to change, changed, then realise no point. Attempts to drag someone along to watch fail.

11. While typing this, I realise I've missed the second straight episode of Daddy's Girls, starring the delectable Carrie Chong.

12. Bad day? You bet. Xian chi pua.

No comments: