Saturday, May 05, 2007

Let Me Let Go by Faith Hill & Vince Gill

I'm so glad Jasmine taught me to let go of friends that don't matter. Who do I mean? I'm talking about friends that don't make the effort to keep in touch or ask you out, despite your efforts. Simply put, the don't reciprocate your love. Which is fine.

I put it to you that these 'friends' simply hog your feelings and energy, to the point that your efforts are being taken away from the people trying to get your attention and the friends who truly matter. It's a no-brainer, really. Let's give our love, time and energy to the people who truly deserve it.

By letting these people go, they won't miss me, and neither will I miss them. It's truly a relief to be free from the desire to always live for their ensorsement and have them talk about only the things they like or want to talk about. Made me feel like a vanity mirror. You know the one in Snow White, where the evil witch keeps asking who's the fairest of them all? Yeah, stop using me to stroke your ego.

If your find some of your relationships one-way and energy-sapping, it's easier and better to let them go.

Of course, be aware of people who you are doing the same to, lest they let you go too. And don't let everyone go, too. Make the effort to keep in touch and involve them in your lives. If they reciprocate, you know that there's a friend worth having.

No comments: