Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My eczema

Hi guys,

I really want to thank those of you who came on Monday evening for the Global Day of Prayer launch. Didn't we just have a great time of prayer together as a church and family of God?

On a personal note, I wish to thank all of you who prayed together with me for my eczema. As you know, I have been suffering from eczema since I was three. So that's about 21 years now. It hasn't been easy, and it's probably gotten much worse in the last two years.

Lately, I guess I've been feeling a bit frustrated with my condition and kept asking myself why there hadn't been any improvement despite years of treatment and prayer. I believed and still believe in God's power of healing, but I just didn't see it happening in my life. All along, I hear accounts of miraculous healing from people around me, but never to me. It's like hearing how all your cousins get ang pow during CNY, but you never get any. Or more pertinently, seeing all your friends get attached and married and finding you're left on the shelf.

As a result, I also got disappointed with God for not healing me despite my greatest desire to be healed. I kept thinking that there was something I was not doing right.

Today, however, I have realised that God still retains the power of healing in my life. When he does it, is purely up to Him. But I believe, together with my family and Jasmine, that it is only a matter of time. It is not easy waiting for this to happen, but I pray God will increase my patience and faith in Him to do a miraculous work.

It is a daily struggle, not knowing whether it will be a good skin day or a bad skin day when I wake up the next day. I certainly have never gotten used to it. As Jasmine can testify, I can also be moody and grumpy when it's a bad skin day. I am grateful to her for her patience and sayang-ing when I do feel under the weather. =]

I believe God will heal me one day. Until then, as Bon Jovi sang, I will keep the faith.

"For I will give health back to you, and I will heal you of your wounds." - Jeremiah 30:17a

No comments: