Monday, July 25, 2005

I hate durian!

Well, I don't really. But after binging on durian tarts yeaterday morning, my skin flared up with a vengeance that same evening. I can something that tastes so good do such damage. This must be from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Anyhow, I've discovered D24 Durian gelato from Bravissimo, which I'm sure means 'very good' in Italian. Or it could be an undiscovered Lecce left-back. Really it tastes better than the real thing, it's cold, and you don't get your hands dirty. Although it's $3.20 a cup, it's worth it now and then. Edgar even wanted to buy the whole tub!


Which brings me to his son, that adorable bundle of joy. Ah, bless! Such a bright little boy. We had gone to Cafe Cartel for lunch, when I excused myself to go to StarHub to settle a SIM Card issue (more on that later). I left my cumbersome bag behind and left.

So little Ian (that's his name) asked after a while where I was: "Uncle Air-wen?"
And Jasmine lied that I had already left. (Oh! And he knows how to say 'owedi')
Then he thought for a moment, and pointed questioningly at my bag.
Wow. This kid's going to MENSA. And he offered me his entire box of Pocky! I'm GETTING him into MENSA!


Oh ya, the SIM card. Recently have been experiencing problems with a backlog of SMSes that I don't receive for hours and then get all at one go. That and the poor reception in my camp (which is mostly a good thing as arrowers can't call me). Thought it might be my SIM card as I've had it for at least five years. I had come to StarHub on Saturday to replace the SIM card, but having gone through all the trouble to convince my mum that no, I would not misplace her IC, despite having a dream the night before that I had lost my handphone and wallet, I forgot to get her to sign a Letter of Authority (LOA).
The dream, by the way, is nothing I want to live out. It's a double whammy of cataclysmic proportions. Wah, I'd cry man.
Anyway the LOA is an exercise in futility. It was a handwritten note written by me in black, and my mum just signed it, in blue. On Sunday, I gave the CSO the IC and letter and she just processed it without verifying the signature. I could've done this on Saturday!

No comments: