Sunday, October 08, 2006

The lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer

I'm not sure if Nat King Cole ever did come to Singapore, but his little ditty should be our seasonal anthem right about now. Yes it's hazy, hazy night again in Singapore, as the PSI hit a high of 150 at around 2200hrs last night. I was safely indoors with the air-conditioning on and the windows tightly shut but there was a temple carnival downstairs with kids running and playing on an inflatable castle. This despite a warning issued by the NEA that vigorous outdoor physical activity should be avoided. The parents really don't care.



This is the extent of the haze near my house. Those of you who have been to my house know that I am able to see Suntec City (12km away) from my Sengkang flat on most days and nights, but I can't see anything now. I can't even see the school down the road.

It's causing the dirt to stick to my face when I sweat, causing a real irritated reaction. It's gotten quite bad these few days.

I don't feel good.

No comments: