Thursday, August 04, 2005

Food Fiesta 2005

I'm feeling quite stressed already about Agape's Food Fiesta 2005. Why? Because I'm in charge of decorations, and I know nuts about it!!!

Maybe I can calm myself down and put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) rationally.

Firstly, there's not much decoration needed as individual stalls will be doing their own deco. I need to source disposable tablecloths for all stalls, as well as decorate the hall a bit. For this I need to enlist the help of artistically-proficient people ie not me. Hmmm, let's see: Nana, Lerane, Angela come to mind already. Shall ask Pastor Nettie what she wants.

Secondly, I need to explore how my Men's ALG, most of whom can't cook, can raise $1300 in food sales alone. Diow. So far we have a few options, but we cannot cannibalise other ALG's ideas:
1. You tiao stuffed with coleslaw
2. Pizza bread (might clash with Luee's bacon toast)
3. Satay
4. Dim sum

Ok I need suggestions: Stuff that sells well, but minimal skill needed. We're not scared of hard work, but we need to be realistic.

Tappable resources:
1. Randolph's wife?
2. Spec mess auntie?
3. Theophane's desserts?
4. Samuel's SAF cutlery and crockery
5. Stanley's kangtao (somehow he can always find a way)
6. Eddy's shop (can get cheaper)
7. Jackson's publicity skills (the human loudhailer)
8. Amos, Laifu, Samuel, Stanley, Eddy, Jackson, Nicholas' mother's cooking skills?
9. Joshua and Nicholas most likely can't tap. Why? You must know who their better halves are. Sigh.
10. Female friends who can cook or bake? I think Sab can enlist her Italian restaurant? Free publicity on international radio too.
11. Perhaps Zhenting's mum? Think she can cook too right? Must psycho Zhenting.
12. Pastor Koo's Seremban lobang

Wah seriously running outta ideas. No wonder I'm stressed. Don't know what to do. For starters I'll be asking our Men's ALG this Saturday for ideas. Pray for innovation and inspiration.

No comments: