Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Return of the King

Nah, it's just me. Just needed a title to catch ya eye.

I had a wonderfully fantastic time at Church Camp this year. To allt hose who didn't go, you really mised out on a lot.

Revisiting Awana Kijal was a masterstroke, as familiarity meant we did not need to reexplore the campsite for fun things to do. We already knew the hotspots: beach soccer, beach volleyball, table-tennis, pool, other people's rooms, bridge/dai dee table etc.

Most importantly, the camp theme of 'The Abundant Living' is such a promise of blessing and abundance in our lives and Agape. Speaker Kevin Forlong (brother of the recent co-winner of the Golden Boot) was really on top form as God anointed him to prophesy over certain church members and over our church also. I'm really excited over how God wants to use our church to reach out to all kinds of people, esp the mariginalised and young people.

On the last morning, we had an anointing service where Rev Kevin anointed our pastors with oil, then the pastors did likewise to the leaders, before the leaders anointed the members. I had the opportunity to pray for Jianliang, Jackson, Samuel and Stanley. I believe God has great things in store for our ALG and I really want the good things that happened during camp to be commonplace in Agape.

We had durians on Tuesday and Thursday; I only indulged in the bitter on Thurs. THursday night also saw Tony Leung (Stanley) and Li Nanxing (the real deal!) singing us a couple of songs! Yes! Li Nanxing is in my church! He really is a down-to-earth fellow and I know the opportunity will open up for God to use him in Agape. Maybe he can be the auntie-drawer for our Chinese service. =]

Allen challenged the Worship Team at camp to serve all possible sessions, and this is to be extended to normal Sundays. I believe putting God first should come above personal convenience, and I pray He gives us the strength to persevere. Personally, I played till my left hand and right arm was about to drop off! =] But seriously, Allen's on the right track.

I had much fun playing sports that I hadn't touched since last year's church camp. Beach volleyball and soccer was on the menu as I played without breaking much sweat and hence did not break out in much rash. Thursday afternoon was particularly memorable as we played soccer on casuarina-lined carpet grass. Shoik ah! I know my doctor said to wear dark long-sleeved shirts and a cap when out in the sun, but seriously. =]

Nighttime brought me, Jasmine, Zikai, Teckseng and Yili out to a table outside in the corridor where we played bridge and dai dee to our heart's content. I've never been so gelak of dai dee, not even when i played 100+ sets on the PC!

Speaking of Zikai and Teckseng, Rev Kevin had words of prophesy on them both and how God would use them. I know I'm in the company of God's anointed, and I'm proud to be serving with them in the trenches of God's battlefield.

I believe God has breakthrough planned for Agape, and I wanna be right there when it happens.

Be ready, for the Return of the King is nigh.

No comments: