Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Tribute to 2WO Teh Kok Lian

This is a tribute to 2WO Teh Kok Lian, who passed away in the line of duty on the morning of 22 June 2005 at Jurong Camp

Sir,

I didn't know you well, but you struck me as someone different from other Warrant Officers. Somehow you hid whatever bitterness you must have collected to reach where you did in the SAF.

The only time I met you was when you helped us move our outgoing commander's belongings to his new unit. You didn't have to do it, but you did. And I know it wasn't the only time you've helped our office. You certainly helped cheer up my Mdm when she felt down and I know she considered you one of her closer friends. You guys were even supposed to catch a movie later that fateful day. But it was not to be.

How ironic that you should pass away while doing something that showed your commitment to the organisation. You were supposed to be on leave that day but you decided to come back for the Life Run. As I mentioned to 2LT Hafiz the other day, you never know which decision will be your last.

We are all devastated but none more so than your young family. I pray people will be there for them the way you've been there for others.

Ironically the one thing I associate you with is your Toyota MPV with the sliding door. I remember being so suaku when I first saw it.

I believe you were someone who put yourself before others. Belatedly, thanks again for helping us move the stuff.

God bless you, CPL Aaron Wong

No comments: