Monday, June 28, 2004

Centring prayer

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

I want to do my best for God in every and any aspect of my life. Help me focus on you, that I may not waste my time on trivialities.


"Don't be afraid. Those who are with us are more thab those who are ith them. The Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and vhariots of fire all aaround Elisha."
2 Kings 6:16-17

God is always there no matter how bleak things are. Look at things from God's perspective: Nothing is impossible for Him.

"We must see that whatever God allows is for a purpose and that He wants us to use it. Often we are cross when He doesn't deliver us from certain situations and feel He cannot have been there. We must learn that He allows things to happen because He sees a bigger plan which includes not just us but others as well."
Every Day with Jesus, 27 June 2004

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"When I look into Your holiness
When I gaze into Your loveliness
When all things that surround me become shadows in the light of You
When I've found the joy of reaching Your heart
When my soul becomes enclosed in Your love
When all things that surround me become shadows in the light of You

I worship You, I worship You
The reason I live, is to worship You"

No comments: