Monday, June 21, 2004

'You are always on my mind'

Great Elvis number, but more accurately, this is what God is saying to us, every moment of the day. We occupy His thoughts because we are the apple of His eye, and He is waiting for us to speak to Him. Just think: right now He's on standby just in case we need to speak to Him. We're that precious to Him.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
Psalm 139:4a

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23-24

"I waited patiently for the Lord, he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet upon a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."
Psalm 40:1-2

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will."
Ephesians 1:11

Lord I fervently appreciate that I am at the foremost of Your thoughts. I praise You and pray that You might cleanse me of iniquity and anxiety, and guide me on Your path.

I have lost count of the times You delivered me despite my unfaithfulness, and made me an example and beneficiary of Your divine grace and amazing love.

The past few days You have been speaking to me about a great plan for my life. Frankly, I can't wait to hear more.

Thank you for choosing me, and that I am "predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will".

Amen!


"Jesus, Lover of my soul
Jesus, I will never let you go
You've taken me from the miry clay
Set my feet upon the rock, and now I know

I love You, I need You
Though my world may fall I'll never let You go
My Saviour, my closest Friend
I will worship You until the very end"

No comments: