Friday, June 25, 2004

Think about it

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."
Matthew 6:26, 28-29

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:33-34

Lord I thank you for your attention and I want to reciprocate. Lord I realise nothing we do can earn your undeserved favour. It is by Your grace that my needs are provided for. Lord I thank You for paying attention to every detail of my life, that I may walk in Your truth.

I want to seek You, the Giver, first, because I acknowledge that You are paramount in my life. I claim that Your blessings will chase me as I seek Your will. I will place my future in Your hands, and I don't want to worry about where I stand and what to do. You have a far greater plan that I want to follow.


"Stop and consider God's wonders."
Job 37:14

"O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor."
Psalm 8:1, 3-5

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Luke 12:25

"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12:1-2

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."
Hebrews 12:11

Lord let me focus on Your wondrous works, least if all me. Thank you for crowning me with glory and honour. Let me not worry, but instead cast my burden and persevere in Your path. Let me not veer to the left or to the right; let me be disciplined, to produce "a harvest of righteousness and peace".


"O Lord our God, how excellent your Name is
How excellent your Name in all the earth
Your glory fills the heavens
Beyond the farthest star
How excellent your Name in all the earth

When I think about the heavens
The moon and all the stars
I wonder what You ever saw in me
But You took me and Your loved
And You've given me a crown
And now I praise your Name eternally"


"Think about His love, think about His goodness
Think about His grace, that brought us truth
For as high as the heavens above,
So great is the measure of my Father's love
Great is the measure of my Father's love

How can I forget His love?
How can I forget His mercy?
He satisfies, He satisfies
He satisfies my desire
Great is the measure of my Father's love"

No comments: