Sunday, June 20, 2004

Staying Alert

"Better to live on a corner of a roof than to share a house with a quarrelsome wife."
Proverbs 25:24

"Keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.... You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."
Matthew 24:42, 44

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the body is weak."
Matthew 26:41

Lord I want to be receptive to your presence daily. I know You are with me, and I want to honour You with each decision I make daily. I need to depend on Your strength as I cannot achieve anything by myself.

Help to keep vigil so I may remain steadfast and not fall into temptation and go astray. Let me not be found away from Your presence.

Create in me a clean heart, O Lord. And renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from Thy presence, O Lord. And take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.

Restore onto me, the joy of my salvation. And renew a right spirit within me.


And help me find an unquarrelsome wife! Ha! =]

No comments: