Thursday, June 17, 2004

True believing

"The Lord says, 'Because he is devoted to me, I will deliver him; I will protect him because he is loyal to me. When he calls out to me, I will answer him. I will be with him when he is in trouble; I will rescue him and bring him honor. I will satisfy him with long life, and will let him see my salvation.'"
Psalm 91:14-16

"God is our secure shelter; he is truly our helper in times of trouble."
Psalm 46:1

"If anyone loves me, he will obey my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and take up residence with him."
John 14:23

How wonderful that God promises countless times that if we just call on His name, He will be our "ever-present help". He will answer our call, deliver and honour us, and give us salvation. He is our rescuer and protector, and we have no reason to fear adversity because He is on our side.

What struck me was that we can glorify Him, because we love Him, just by obeying His teaching. And HE will come to US! What an honour!

This is sooooo badly what I want. Help me to believe wholeheartedly, and seek You the Giver, not just what You can give to me.

I've run alone too long; I want to run with you!

No comments: