Tuesday, July 13, 2004

God's Amazing Patience (13 Jul 2004)

"I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me."
- Psalm 13:5,6

Lord Your patience is amazing, but mine is not. I am having trouble focusing on Your will and purpose. Worse still, I am stumbling others similarly.

Lord, I have already decided to take such a difficult and heart-wrenching step, but I trust it is right. This step I have taken tests me on how much I trust you, beyond however much I've been tested thus far. And as I see it, this test might extend up to four years, and perhaps more. 16 seasons, 16 stars in a glass jar.

Humanly, I look at the situation and I know it's impossible: I can't Lord. I thought ORD would represent a watershed in the testing of my faith, but it is not. It is only the beginning, and I am clueless as to what lies beyond.

I need you to show me quick. I have already sacrificed and foregone my greatest source of happiness for You! What more must I give or give up? I am near my limit Lord, please help me.

"But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children -
with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts."
- Paslm 103:17,18



And then God spoke to me.

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise."
- 2 Peter 3:9

Phwoar! Fantastic right?



Our God is an awesome god
He reigns from heaven above
With wisdom, power and love
Our God is an awesome God

No comments: